Have you been saving to buy a new air conditioner for your Bedroom? But before you buy, ask yourself, have you done your homework? In case you haven’t, don’t worry, we have done it for you.
For a pleasant summer inside the house, you need an AC but the one that is energy-efficient, eco-friendly, and is capable of cooling the space. Here we have listed a few things that should be kept in mind while buying a new AC for your bedroom.
1. Calculate BTU: BTU stands for British thermal units. It is the measurement used to calculate the size of the AC for maintaining a pleasant temperature inside the room. There are BTU calculators available for free online. Just type in a BTU calculator and insert the required values such as the size of the room, insulation type, number of people using the room, and more.
2. Dehumidifier: The AC that you chose to buy should have a feature called dehumidifier for removing excess moisture from the air during the rain. The dehumidifier is also helpful in preventing fungus and bacteria growth.
3. Dust Filters: The AC is not only a room cooling device. It also helps keep the room dust-free. Dust filters catch tiny dust mites and particles in the air.
4. Heater: AC with heaters can help the room warm in the winter season. If you are lucky to find an AC with a heater, go for it and have it installed.
5. Types of AC: There are different types of ACs available in the market, such as window AC, split AC, inverter AC, and more. Talk to the AC installer and retailer to know the type of AC that is effective and efficient.
You can always ask your friends to suggest the type of AC for your space. Also, please read about the latest ACs in the market, their reviews, and the one that uses less electricity and is efficient.
Continue following Doug’s HVAC Tips for more posts like this!